It has been an honour and privilege to have served as St Ouen’s deputy since 2014.
Why I am seeking re-election:
- Knowledge and experience as an active States member;
- A regular questioner and contributor to States debates;
- An understanding of Islanders’ needs and concerns;
- A record of Parish service;
- A passion for Parish and Island;
- Caring, committed, enthusiastic to serve.
- I am aged 62 and married with two adult children. I was educated locally and have always lived in St Ouen.
- I qualified as an advocate in 1984 and have been a partner and consultant in local law firms, assisting local people. Legal practice gave me experience and understanding of Islanders’ needs. I learned to listen to people, represent their interests and achieve results for them.
- Before election as deputy, I served for 9 years as Procureur du Bien Public, acting as a public trustee, responsible for parish finances and property.
My Parish work
- I have held weekly surgeries at the Parish Hall and made myself available to assist parishioners at all other times.
- I have represented and helped parishioners in dealings with official bodies.
- I worked to establish the St Ouen Community Support Team. I support parishioners who use their skills and talents to contribute in many ways to Parish life.
- I have lobbied for the extension of the mains water and mains drainage systems and will continue to do so.
- If re-elected, I look forward to working closely with our new Connétable, particularly to continue work to establish affordable homes for young families and the elderly of the Parish.
My States work
- I have led the Health and Social Security Scrutiny Panel which has conducted important reviews into issues such as poverty in the Island, zero hour contracts, healthcare provision, the Long Term Care Scheme, respite care, discrimination law, organ donation and the future hospital.
- I have served on other panels and committees including the Legislation Advisory Panel and Brexit Review Panel.
- I am a regular questioner, holding Ministers to account for their decisions.
- I contribute regularly to debates, in particular to speak out for those affected by poverty or vulnerability.
- Poverty eradicated in Jersey
- All children to be safe
- A health service focused on prevention and early intervention
- A fair taxation system, all contributing according to their means
- A vibrant, diverse economy
- A gold standard education system
- Efficient government adopting evidence based policies
- Support for an ageing population
- Carefully managed migration
- Affordable homes for young families
- Better community facilities in the Parish
I hope to meet as many electors as possible during the campaign and please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please consider casting your vote for me, Richard Renouf, to continue as your Deputy.
Right Experience. Right Choice.