The Island Views 2021 Photography Competition is now open!
We are asking you, the public, to submit a photograph of any aspect of Island life that you are proud of or would like to see changed. We will then publish that photograph on this website, and in the Royal Square in St. Helier, and the public (that’s you, too!) can vote for the best picture.
You can send us your photo for the competition from 3rd September, and the final date for entries is 19th September 2021. The public vote to decide the winning photograph opens on 28th September 2021 and closes on 1st October 2021. The votes will be checked and the winning photograph that has received the highest number of votes will be announced on 4th October 2021. But what could you win?
The competition winner can show off their skills with a shadowing session with world-famous photographer, Matt Porteous! Matt is an award-winning Royal Family photographer, and has gained a world-class reputation in exquisite documentary-style wedding photography. This is a prize not to be missed! Second placed prize is a Fotosound voucher and the third placed prize will be their photo framed/mounted by the Framing Workshop Ltd.
All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person. Photos can contain people, with their consent, but are subject to the other rules of the competition, and will be screened for appropriateness by States Greffe staff. The photograph must contain:
- No curse words
- No offensive or extremist views
- Under 16s need consent of a parent and/or carer
- We reject entries that don’t meet the requirements
- It’s offensive or extreme in its views. That includes images that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation
- Nothing defamatory, libellous or illegal in another way
- Only one photograph per person for entry into the competition
- See Terms and Conditions for more information
Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted. Entries will be judged by you the public. All decisions are final. The States Greffe reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or offensive. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
If you think you have what it takes to show us your photography skills, and for a chance to win an amazing prize, submit your details and your photograph here.