Born: St Saviour (neé Carré)
Married to David for 45 years.
Resident of St. Brelade’s for 20 years having returned from England where I had a career in Nursing at Senior Manager Level (mainly in London teaching hospitals).
I aim to personally call at all homes before election day.
St. Aubin has always been thought of as ‘a village’. Whilst we must accept that ‘time moves on’ and ‘changes happen’ these should occur in a manner which gives consideration to residents and businesses and is sympathetic to the environment.
Proposer: Harry Read
Seconders: Bernard Binnington OBE Sheila Cruickshank
Audrey Le Bas Harry Patterson
Michelle Barette Dorothy de la Haye
Michael Legge Brian Bullock
I believe the role of Parish Deputy is first and foremost to assist Parishioners with issues they may have with Government Departments and to represent Parishioners in the States Assembly. I would like to continue the work I was doing for YOU previously (2008-2011) as well as for all Islanders including:
• Actively representing and promoting our Parish and Honorary Voluntary systems.
• Ensure we have Value for Money, Efficiency and Effectiveness within our States departments.
• Adequate and appropriate Housing is available to Islanders.
• Ensure planning protection is enhanced and strengthened.
• To ensure we have closer cooperation with our sister Island for YOUR benefit and all the people in Jersey.
We need :
• States members to ensure efficient and effective use of resources is adhered to.
• Openness, transparency, responsibility and accountability.
• To respect YOUR votes and introduce binding referendums.
• To ensure Control of Work and Housing law is carried out effectively.
• To ensure Long Term Care is achieving the goals it was set out to do.
• To protect local jobs for local people and reduce dependence on inward migration through succession planning and appropriate training schemes.
• To eliminate abuse of the income support and other benefits systems through robust review and effective management.
• To ensure our young people have employment opportunities, particularly vocational and technical training.
• To support our tourism and agricultural industries.
• To ensure more inclusivity within the States Assembly.
As YOUR Deputy 2008 – 2011
I was asked by the then Minister for Social Security, Senator Ian Gorst to be his Assistant Minister. I introduced monthly open surgeries for all Islanders who had any concerns, questions or queries. I responded to all Parishioner contacts I received and have been heartened when Parishioners say “ I remember when you helped me with my problem.”
I was also a member of
• Legislation Advisory Panel
• Treasury Advisory Panel
• Migration Advisory Group
• Media Working Party
• Housing Needs Working Group
• Third Sector Working Party
Clubs and groups in my personal life include:
Hon. President, Royal Commonwealth Society (Jersey Branch)
Past President and Member of Soroptimist International (Jersey Branch)
Royal British Legion—Poppy Appeal Active Supporter/Static Point Organiser
Please ensure you use your vote wisely.[divider] [space height=”20″]