It has been a privilege to serve St Lawrence for over twenty years – as a member of the Honorary Police, as Deputy, and as Constable since 2008. I am honoured to have been approached by many Parishioners who have asked me to stand for re-election.
I have an open-door policy, listening to your views in order to build an inclusive and supportive community in our beautiful Parish.
I am standing as an independent candidate, with no affiliation to any political party or group.
As your Constable, I will:
- Increase our sheltered housing, enabling Parishioners to live independently in a safe, secure environment.
- Deliver road safety improvements on La Route de St Aubin and at Bel Royal School, having secured commitment from the Infrastructure Department.
- Continue to support Parishioners who are struggling through initiatives such as the St Lawrence Community Support Team.
- Keep the Parish rate as low as possible while continuing to deliver effective services.
- Create a new accessible ground-floor meeting room at the Parish Hall for community meetings and events.
- Review redundant glasshouse sites for consideration for first time buyer homes.
- Continue to oppose inappropriate development in the Parish and to protect our rural environment.
My achievements as your Constable include:
- Current Chairman of the Comité des Connétables, last year leading on the introduction of “Standards in Parish Service” – ensuring all Parishes seek to provide the highest level of public service and accountability.
- Maintaining all Parish Hall services during the pandemic and lockdowns.
- Securing the highest level of protection from development for Millbrook Playing Fields and last year successfully lobbying to have the site removed as an option for the new hospital.
- Establishing the St Lawrence Community Support Team, providing support to vulnerable Parishioners of all ages since 2009.
- Improving pedestrian safety through a reduction in speed limits across the Parish and creating several new Green Lanes, in consultation with Parishioners as part of the Island-wide Road Safety Strategy.
- Establishing the popular Moignard Liberation Garden – with new parking, pétanque terrain, and a safe off-road path through the heart of St Lawrence Village to St Lawrence School.
- Keeping the finances of St Lawrence in good order, as confirmed by the Royal Court last year during the Visite Royale.
- Delivering essential restoration, repairs and improvements to the historic Parish Hall.
My extensive States record includes:
- Current member of the Planning Committee, Emergencies Council, States Employment Board, and the Bailiff’s Consultative Panel.
- Former Assistant Minister for Home Affairs – with delegated responsibility for the States of Jersey Fire Service, the Customs and Immigration Service and the Office of the Superintendent Registrar.
- Former Chairman and Vice Chairman of various Scrutiny Panels.
- Former Vice Chairman of the Privileges and Procedures Committee.
Our unique Parish system is what makes Island life so special, and I will continue striving to preserve it for future generations.
I hope my proven track record of service to our Parish and Island will earn me your vote on 22 June.