Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by the States Greffe (or a third party on the States Greffe’s behalf).
- By entering a competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- The States Greffe may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all residents of Jersey, Channel Islands. For the avoidance of doubt residents of Guernsey, the Isle of Man and the United Kingdom cannot enter competitions. The States Greffe may ask competition winners for proof of Jersey residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to the States Greffe’s satisfaction, the States Greffe reserves the right to select an alternative winner. The minimum age for entrants is 13 years old, however, entrants under the age of 18 must provide contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- The States Greffe;
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
- Where an entrant requires the details of their parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, the States Greffe may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
- The opening date of the competition is 3rd September 2021 and the closing date is 19th September 2021. Voting for the winner opens on 28th September 2021, and closes on 1st October 2021. The winner will be announced on 4th October 2021. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, non-offensive and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and the States Greffe’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Each entrant may only make one entry. Entry to the competition may only be made by sending your image via email using the vote.je competition page, or to [email protected] including your full name, age and image. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. Where entrants pay an entry fee, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering; otherwise the entry will be invalid.
(a) Mobile Internet entry
Entrants may enter the competition by Mobile Internet. Follow the instructions to provide the required information to enter the competition. Entries without all the required information will be invalid. Mobile network operators may charge their customers for using the Mobile Internet/browsing tools. Entrants should contact their network operator for more details as these charges may vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network operator and tariff.
(b) Web entry
Web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their full name and email address. The competition is free to enter.
- Neither the States Greffe nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by the States Greffe or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries) will not be accepted. No more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, offensive, incomprehensible, or not received by the States Greffe will be void.
In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition, network or phone system, the decision of the States Greffe shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The States Greffe will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
- The first place prize is shadowing royal photographer Matt Porteous. The second place prize is a gift voucher from Fotosound. The third place prize will be their photograph framed/mounted.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize will be via public vote on vote.je and via a ballot box in the Royal Square. The photos will be displayed in the Royal Square after the closing date, with voting also taking place there. The final vote count will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
- Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the popularity of votes and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer.
- The States Greffe will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as the States Greffe shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. The winner will be contacted via the email address provided when entering the competition. The winners will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim their prize. If the States Greffe is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the States Greffe reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the States Greffe’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at the States Greffe’s sole discretion.
- The States Greffe reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the States Greffe that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- The States Greffe reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- The States Greffe shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the States Greffe reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by the States Greffe and entrants grant to the States Greffe a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the States Greffe’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, the States Greffe cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The States Greffe is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- The States Greffe cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the States Greffe. The States Greffe will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, the States Greffe shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and the States Greffe reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to them by the States Greffe including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The promoter of the competition is; States Greffe, Morier House, Halkett Place, St Helier, Jersey, JE1 1DD